So today was practicing the setup of the position for the shot routine. The idea was simple enough – get into position, dry-fire for a bit, then break position, put down the rifle, walk about for a bit, then come back and set up again and repeat.
I deviated slightly from this – I got into position, warmed up and dry-fired for a half hour, and then I put two paper targets up on two firing points (3 and 5 in this case). Then I set up at FP3, dry-fired until I was happy with the position, and then fired two shots at the target. Then broke position, moved to FP5, and did the same thing; then back to 3 and fired two more; and so on, until I’d fired ten shots into each target over five different visits to the firing point.
The results were nice enough:
Again, the sights are off because I’m sighted in on the electronic targets (and their bulls are an inch or two higher than the paper targets); but if I’d bothered to adjust my sights, this is roughly what I would have put in:
That’s a 97 (with a 7) and probably a 94-95. Two bad shots out of 20. Given the jacket, I’m quite pleased with that 🙂
I’m making a note here.